Let us explain what kind of cookies we use and why we use them...
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE PURPOSE|
|Affiliate, Display banner cookies||Affiliate and Display cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from. This helps us know which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward our partners and external websites for directing you to us.|
|TagMan||TagMan's tag management system allows us to control the tags/pixels which are served on to our web pages, and the data passed into those tags or into TagMan reporting. The TagMan system uses browser cookies to track certain attributes of Internet users who have been exposed to our online marketing campaigns or have visited our websites. Sometimes we will advertise on 3rd party websites. TagMan cookies are used to help us and our advertisers see how effective our website and campaigns have performed, so that we can improve our site, our marketing campaigns and therefore provide you with a better and more personalised online shopping experience with Laura Ashley. |
Examples of these advertisers include Google, Affiliate Window and Mediaplex. TagMan provide a global Opt-Out function, whereby a user can go to their website and switch off TagMan tracking: http://eu.tagman.com/index.php/consumerprivacy.html. If you opt out in this way for lauraashley.com, you'll also be opting out from any other companies that use TagMan.
We would like to continue to personalise your advertising experience and make it as relevant as possible, however if you do want to opt-out of this then please follow this link opt-out. Please note that if you decide to opt-out of Mediaplex cookies you will no longer be able to receive any advertising from them at all. Please also be aware that if you decide to remove all cookies from your computer we will no longer know that you have opted out and therefore it is possible you will receive Laura Ashley advertising after their deletion.
These cookies allow lauraashley.com to operate properly including managing your basket, and whether you're logged in or not. They are essential to the operation of the site
Our Made to Order and Made to Measure products require us to keep track of your choices as you configure your products, and these essential cookies hold that information.
Enabling cookies will ensure you receive the optimum user experience from the Laura Ashley site and others. If you disable your cookies you will not be able to use all the functions of the site
Amending your cookie settings is straightforward, amending your settings is different in different browsers, we’ve included instructions on amending your settings in the most popular browsers below.
If you're not sure which browser you're using..
And you're using a Microsoft Windows based machine: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option
And you're using an apple machine: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option
How to check cookies are enabled on windows platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8 & 9
1. Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
1. Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select ‘Options’ 2. Then select the Privacy icon 3. Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
1. Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select ‘Options’ 2. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button 3. Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
1. Select the cog icon' from the top menu of your browser and then select ‘Preferences’ 2. Select 'Security and, check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies' 3. Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for apple platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
1. Select 'Explorer' from the top menu of your browser and select 'Preferences' options 2 Scroll to the 'Cookies' option under Receiving Files 2. Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
1. Select 'Safari' from the top menu of your browser and select the 'Preferences' option 2. Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies' 3. Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
If you are using a different browser please consult your product documentation, online help files or the browser manufactures website.
Additional information about cookies
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org/ (opens in a new window - please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).
The Laura Ashley website uses industry standard security methods to ensure that all the personal details you give us are not misused.
Is it safe to use my credit card over the internet?
- The purchase area of our site is secure.
- We utilise industry standard SSL technology (Secure Sockets Layer) to guarantee a safe and secure shopping environment.
- All sensitive information such as credit card details, names and addresses are encrypted. This means that information passed between your computer and our web site cannot be read even in the event it is intercepted by someone else.
- Information provided by you online or otherwise will be processed by Laura Ashley Limited or Laura Ashley (Ireland) Limited and used to provide you with the ordered products, for billing and accounts purposes, and to keep records of the transaction.
- In addition, your information may also be used for the following:
- 1) To keep you informed about Laura Ashley products, promotions and services.
- 2) To receive information from other carefully selected companies.
We will only use your information for 1 and 2 above if you have given your consent.