Laura Ashley mirrors are craftsman made with great care and attention to produce distinctive pieces that will bring pleasure for years to come.
- The strong frames are made from modern materials that will not warp or move with changes in humidity. Each item of furniture is hand finished.
- Selected Mirrors are hand engraved.
- With careful use these finely produced pieces will give many years of satisfaction.
Choosing the right place to hang a decorative mirror is important; consider what will be reflected; for example a mirror hung in front of window will reflect the outside in.
- Avoid exposing your furniture to excessive heat for example by placing it directly above a radiator, as this can cause cracking.
- A minimum 30cm clearance from heat sources is advised.
- It is important to use the correct size and suitable mounting fixings and only attach to a solid wall.
Maintenance and Care Instructions
To prolong the life of your mirror we advise the following:
- To maintain the appearance of your furniture we recommend regular dusting with a soft cloth.
- Glass or mirrored panels should be cleaned using a non solvent based glass cleaner and soft cloth, carefully avoiding contact with wooden or painted sections.
- The repeated use of a silicone-containing polish is not recommended as it will lead to a build up of a silicone film altering the appearance of the piece.
- Clean up excess water and spills immediately using a lightly dampened cloth followed by a dry cloth. Use a blotting rather than a wiping action.
- Water left over a long period of time may cause white spots in the finish.
- Some chemicals may damage the mirrors finish. Take care to avoid the following: iodine, hair dye, shaving cream, after shave lotion, alcohol, perfume, acetone and paint remover coming into contact with your mirror.
- Always follow the Hanging Instructions carefully to prevent unnecessary damage or accidents.
- Avoid using delicate protrusions as hand holds when carrying mirrors as this can cause breakage.
- Take care when moving mirrors, always use two persons to lift, as dragging pieces or carrying single-handed may cause the frame to twist, or damage the joints which could crack the glass.
- Dropping mirrors will cause damage.
- Take care to prevent sharp objects such as toys, from coming into contact with your furniture as permanent marks may occur.
- Avoid dragging items across the surface as this may cause fine surface scratches in the glass.
- If your mirror becomes stained, scratched or chipped, or suffers other damage we recommend professional help is sought to restore it. If you have relevant insurance you may wish to contact them for advice. Alternatively a nationwide service is offered by Guardsman Home Services on 0845 6020789.
Following the guidelines above will ensure product performance is maintained. Laura Ashley is not responsible for defects caused by the misuse of your product.