Information about us
Laura Ashley IP Holdings, LLC (collectively referred to in this privacy notice as we, us, and our) takes its data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously. This privacy notice (Notice) explains how we (as the data controller of your personal information for the purposes of data protection laws) collect, use and share personal information in connection with your subscription to Laura Ashley marketing campaigns or participation in other Laura Ashley promotional activities described in this Notice, including:
- What personal information we collect and when and why we use it;
- How we share personal information;
- Explaining more about direct marketing;
- How we protect and store personal information;
- Legal rights available to help manage your privacy; and
- How you can contact us for more support.
We may amend this Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business. Please regularly check these pages for the latest version of this Notice.
You might find external links to third party websites on our website or advertised in Laura Ashley stores. This Notice does not apply to your use of a third party site or the use of your personal information by our licensees (such as NEXT Retail Limited) where those licensees act as data controller in their own right. In those circumstances you should review the privacy notice(s) of the third party in question to understand more about how they will use your personal information.
What personal information we collect and when and why we use it
When we collect information
We collect information about you when you opt-in to one of our marketing campaigns through Laura Ashley-branded websites (which may be operated by us or by one of our licensees, such as NEXT Retail Limited) or when you sign-up to receive updates and marketing communications from us when you visit a Laura Ashley store.
Personal information we collect and use
We collect only the following limited information about you when you opt-in to receive updates from us:
- Your name
- Your email address
We may subsequently contact you to ask for your opinions on our products and brands, check whether you would like to take part in relevant competitions or sweepstakes, or create a profile setting out your preferences for our brands and/or products. Unless we tell you otherwise at the time that we make contact with you in relation to these activities, this Notice will also apply to our use of any additional personal information that we subsequently collect from you.
We request that you ensure all information you provide to us is accurate. If you become aware that any of the information is no longer accurate or if your circumstances change, you should contact us.
Why we use your personal information, and the legal basis for using your personal information
Once you have provided us with the information referred to above, we will use that information for the following purposes (as appropriate):
|How we use your information||What is the legal basis for our use of your information|
|To send you periodic communications from us (by email or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful), about new and existing Laura Ashley products, new Laura Ashley collaborations, discounts, sales, and to invite you to take part in relevant competitions and sweepstakes.||We will use your information in this way where you have provided your consent to us using the personal information.
We will at all times respect your preferences in relation to any direct marketing activity which we undertake.
|To contact you to take part in market research surveys and obtain feedback on Laura Ashley products and services and the Laura Ashley brand, and better understand how we can improve our products and services.||Our use of your personal information is necessary for legitimate interests that we pursue.|
|We may share your information with Laura Ashley licensees or franchisees or other members of the Laura Ashley family so that they can contact you for marketing purposes in relation to their own products and services, or in relation to Laura Ashley products and services which they provide in partnership with us (such as in connection with our partnership with NEXT Retail Limited).||We will use your information in this way where you have provided your consent to us using the personal information.|
|We may share your information with Laura Ashley licensees or franchisees or other members of the Laura Ashley family to help them better understand Laura Ashely customers so that they can improve their products and services for the benefit of the Laura Ashley brand.||Our use of your personal information is necessary for legitimate interests that we pursue.|
|To send you communications relating to your use of our website, for example where we need to notify you of changes to the website or this Notice.||Our use of your personal information is necessary for legitimate interests that we pursue.|
|To enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website and our services.||Our use of your personal information is necessary for legitimate interests that we pursue.|
|In order to enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.||Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have.|
|For our business and accounting records.||Our use of your personal information is necessary for legitimate interests that we pursue.|
How we share your personal information
When you opt-in to receive communications from us or otherwise choose to take part in the activities described in this Notice we may share your personal information with various of our partners, service providers, and regulators in the manner and for the purposes described below:
- with third parties who help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include marketing services providers who may send marketing communications on our behalf, organisations who carry out market research or surveys on our behalf and vendors who help manage our IT and back office systems;
- Laura Ashley licensees or franchisees or other members of the Laura Ashley family so that they can contact you for marketing purposes in relation to their own products and services (but at all times in accordance with your preferences), or in relation to Laura Ashley products and services which they provide in partnership with us (such as in connection with our partnership with NEXT Retail Limited);
- Laura Ashley licensees (such as NEXT Retail Limited) or franchisees or other members of the Laura Ashley family to help them better understand Laura Ashley customers so that they can improve their products and services for the benefit of the Laura Ashley brand;
- with our regulators, which may include the Information Commissioner, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies;
- we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage with our service providers and/or advertisers; and
- if, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we may disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets.
As explained above, our licensees and franchisees will act as data controllers in their own right wherever they handle your personal information, which means that they will be responsible (rather than us) for how they handle that information. You should review the privacy notices and policies that they make available to you in order to understand how they will use your personal information.
Explaining more about direct marketing
How we use personal information to keep you up to date with our products and services
We may use personal information to let you know about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email or through other communication channels that we think you may find helpful. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with you.
How you can manage your marketing preferences
To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- We will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
- You can ask us to stop direct marketing at any time - you can ask us to stop sending email marketing, by following the unsubscribe link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively you can contact us using the contact details at the end of this Notice. Please specify whether you would like us to stop all forms of marketing or just a particular type.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that may be available to you on the websites of our partners, licensees, and any social media platforms.
How we protect and store your information
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorised disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned. Measures we take include placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers, and destroying or permanently anonymising personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Storing your personal information
We will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as explained in this Notice. In some circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements. In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, as described below:
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller's identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. we may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object (see the Right to object to the processing of your personal information section below); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk or by phone at 0303 123 1113) or if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact the Information Commissioner at any time.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you in response to any request raised by you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
We can be contacted in the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: Laura Ashley IP Holdings, LLC, 800 Boylston Street, 27th Floor Boston, MA 02199 USA or via our representative in the UK: LA IP Services Limited, 13 Hanover Square, London, United Kingdom, W1S 1HN
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this Notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and will make every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
Notice updated January 2021
- Most web browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox have cookies enabled by default. You can disable them in your settings if you follow the instructions below
- If you choose to share Laura Ashley content over social media such as Facebook, then you may be sent cookies from those websites. We are not responsible for third-party cookies, so please check these websites for their cookie policies
- Our cookies do not store sensitive information such as your name, address, or payment details
- Cookies cannot damage your computer or compromise your account; information from our cookies is encrypted
- A Do Not Track feature is offered by some browsers, requesting that your visit isn't tracked by third party advertising, social media networks, or analytic companies, however our website does not currently respond to DNT requests. There is currently no industry-wide standard agreed upon for the handling of DNT requests, but we will continue to review DNT and other new technologies
Sometimes when you visit the Laura Ashley website, you may notice cookies unrelated to Laura Ashley. Web pages containing embedded content, for example YouTube videos, may send you cookies from third-party websites. Please visit these websites for information on their cookies and how to manage them.
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
|Affiliate Cookies||Affiliate Cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from.|
|Google Tag Manager||Google Tag Manager's system allows us to control the tags/pixels which are served on to our web pages, and the data passed into those tags or into reporting. For more information please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacyThis link opens in a new window|
|Google Display Network||These cookies allow us to show you ads based on the products you have viewed on Lauraashley.com. We may recommend alternative styles and colours we believe are relevant to your browsing history. For more information please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacyThis link opens in a new window|
|Oracle||These cookies allow lauraashley.com to operate properly, including managing your basket, and whether you're logged in or not.|
|Oracle Adaptive Intelligence||Oracle adaptive intelligence provides technology that many retailers use to serve you targeted offers, including recommended products and promotions. Oracle uses your online interactions on your computer or other device to infer your interests to create interest segments to personalize your experience when visiting a variety of websites.
If you'd like to opt out of receiving personalized offers on any site that uses Oracle Adaptive Intelligence, click the opt out link below. If you change your mind, you can choose to opt back in at any time by returning to this site and clicking Opt in.
https://aiapps.oracle.com/consumer/opt-out/index.htmlThis link opens in a new window
|Silverpop||Our Made to Order and Made to Measure products require us to keep track of your choices as you configure your products, and this is managed by GB Group.|
|Mention Me||Mention Me processes data needed for the refer-a-friend programme and only sends emails to customers to have actively engaged with the refer-a-friend scheme.|
|Olapic||Used to track a single session throughout the checkout process to monitor interaction with our Olapic widgets. This cookie has a 1 month expiry date. For more information please visit: http://www.olapic.com/privacy-policyThis link opens in a new window|
|HotJar||These cookies allow us to measure and observe your behaviour and interactions on our site. This enables us to enhance and improve the customer journey.|
|Facebook Advertising||The audiences targeted are based on demographics and interests, so they are not custom data files that we uploaded based on our customers information. For more information please visit: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/updateThis link opens in a new window|
|PowerReviews||PowerReviews collects information during the purchase process which will results in an invitation to review a customer's purchase(s). For more information please visit: https://www.powerreviews.com/powerreviews-com-ad-and-cookie-policyThis link opens in a new window|
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Select the Settings Cog at the top right of the browser window
- Select Internet Options
- Select Privacy Tab
- Select Sites
- Type in www.lauraashley.com into Address of website
- Select Block
- Select OK
- Go to the Chrome menu icon, three dots at the top right of the window, and select Settings
- Scroll down to bottom of page and select Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy section, select Content settings button
- In the Content Setting section, select Cookies
- Under Block, select Add, and type in www.lauraashley.com
- Select Add
- Select Icon at the top right of window (3 lines) to open menu
- Select Options
- Select Privacy & Security
- Under the Cookies section, select Manage Permissions
- In the Address of website box type, www.lauraashley.com
- Select Save Changes
Safari (macOS Mojave)
- Select Safari from the top
- Select Preferences
- Select Privacy Icon
- Tick the box Block all sites
Banner advertising across our website and other websites online helps us to show you products you may be interested in, alternate colourways of products you have already viewed, or similar products in other categories. The technology behind these adverts is based on cookies.
For more information on Google Display NetworkThis link opens in a new window, the company we use to help us create these advertisements please visit their website for more details.
We think this kind of advertising makes shopping more enjoyable for you, but if you would like to opt out of relevant content and this kind of advertising permanently, you can on their site. But please be aware that if you delete your cookies then our website won't be able to tell you have opted out, and you might still find Google banners appearing on other websites.
You can visit their website to find out more about cookies on your computer or device set by other companies, and opt out of them if you so choose. This link opens in a new window – unfortunately we cannot guarantee the safety of external websites, so please proceed with caution.