Your furniture will be delivered by PHL (Premier Home Logistics) or a nominated carrier. Our delivery drivers will survey delivery access and take all possible precautions to ensure damage free delivery. Furniture will be put in place, unwrapped and the packaging taken away (excludes self assembly items). We are unable to remove old furniture. Charges will apply for redelivery caused by cancellation so please fully consider the information in this section.
Are there any access problems?
Please tell us at point of order if your home, or room is difficult to access. This will affect how we deliver your furniture and may involve an additional charge.
Have you ordered a large piece? Marked in Catalogue as
Certain pieces are marked as LARGE in our Catalogue.
Please take extra care to ensure they will fit into your home on delivery.
Please be at home at the scheduled delivery time.
At least 48 hrs prior to the selected delivery date you will receive a phone call or SMS text message to confirm a morning or afternoon delivery. To help in planning, we will call en route prior to delivery.
If you are not at home when the delivery arrives it is likely to be taken away to avoid delay to other customers. Charges will apply for redelivery caused by cancellation. A charge of £60 will be made for re-delivery or collection see full terms and conditions for more information.
You will be asked to check and sign for your furniture.
Your furniture will be unwrapped on delivery. You will be asked to check the furniture and sign a Proof of Delivery document. This document confirms that you have received your order in satisfactory condition, that you have been given a copy of the Furniture Care and Information Guide and that there has been no damage to your property. Goods cannot be left unchecked. Any issues must be reported to Customer Services immediately.
An adult must be present.
An adult must be present to accept delivery. Only an adult can sign the Proof of Delivery document.
Furniture legs and castors can cause marking to floor coverings (particularly wooden/laminate floors) if this concerns you please take steps to minimise such damage by using felt pads or castor cups.
For Measuring Up and Charges please read on, for our full delivery terms and conditions please click here. Please read before proceeding with your order.
Measuring up for Cabinet Delivery
When buying large items of furniture, it is vital to make sure it will fit through the property access and into the intended space in your room. Make sure there is enough height, width and diagonal depth to accommodate your furniture. entry and that there's plenty of room to manoeuvre around corners and through doors.
Steps to ensure a problem free delivery
Before ordering, please check carefully that the upholstery, bed and cabinet products you have ordered will fit into the intended space in your home. It is extremely important that customers advise us of any potential delivery difficulties or obstacles. Charges will apply for redelivery caused by failed delivery or cancellation.
Step 1: Check the furniture can access to the room.
For cabinet furniture, check that the width of the door A is wider than the depth or width of the furniture. Then check that the height of the furniture is less than either the door height B or the entry into the room C.
For larger pieces of cabinet furniture e.g. wardrobes, tall cabinets and sideboards you will need to check there is enough space to turn the furniture. The width of the corridor D or staircase entry or exit turn E must be at least 100cm wide.
For upholstered furniture the width of the door must be wider than the arm height. The average arm height of our upholstered furniture is 66cm but some are as high as 79cm. If the width of any door the furniture has to pass through is less than 70cm then choose a furniture design with a lower arm height. The width of sofas must be less than the door height B or the entry into the room C.
For larger sofas you will also need to check there is enough space to turn the furniture. The width of the corridor D or staircase entry E must be at least smallest measurement (either Width or Depth) of the sofa plus 10cm.
Please note: This is only a guide and does not guarantee your furniture purchase will fit. Also our delivery drivers are not able to remove doors and windows to effect access. If doors, windows or stair banisters need to be removed in order for the furniture to fit, you will need to arrange this before the day of delivery.
Step 2: Measure the space where the furniture will sit.
- Check that the furniture will fit the space in the room where it will sit. The dimensions of each piece of furniture can be found on this website or in our Home Catalogue.
- Furniture can appear smaller in the store than it actually is. The furniture will appear a lot bigger in your room. The easiest way to check the amount of floor space a piece of furniture will take up is by marking the area out on the floor where the furniture will sit. This can be done by either using masking tape or a newspaper template.
- If the piece of furniture is going to be placed in an alcove make sure when measuring that you allow for the skirting boards. For tall pieces of cabinet furniture e.g. wardrobes and dressers, check that the height of the cabinet is not too tall for the room. Check that you have enough space to walk around the furniture and for the doors and drawers of cabinet furniture to open.
- When ordering a recliner armchair or sofa bed check there is enough space in the room for the chair or bed when fully extended.
Step 3: Check our large delivery lorry can reach the delivery address
- Our delivery vehicles are large. Please check that they can gain safe and ample access to or immediately adjacent to the delivery address.
- Are there any access problems? Please tell us at point of order if your home or room is difficult to access. This will affect how we deliver your furniture and may involve an additional charge. Please consider:
- Can a delivery lorry park immediately outside your home?
- Is your home easy to find or are extra directions needed?
- Are there steps up to your front door or other obstacles such as narrow gateways or railings?
- Have you checked that your furniture will fit through your doors? Our delivery drivers are not able to remove doors and windows to effect access.
- Are there narrow corridors or internal steps to negotiate? If there are turns to be made is there sufficient space to turn the piece of furniture?
- Are there any internal obstacles? Wall lights, low hanging lights, framed prints on wall, low ceilings, beams?
Delivery Charges and Timeframes
- A delivery charge of £25 applies to Mirrors marked , Furniture and Upholstery Orders.
- Additional charges may apply in certain circumstances. Please see our terms and conditions for more details.
- When you order, we will give you an approximate week that our carrier will contact you to arrange delivery. Depending on the Products ordered, the Products with the longest time to completion may determine your estimated delivery week.
- Please provide a mobile number where ever possible upon order placement.
- indicates mirrors delivered by Standard Home Delivery.
- indicates furniture delivered by Standard Parcel Delivery at a minimum delivery charge of £4.50. Where applicable this is marked in all Laura Ashley mailers and publications.
Arranging and Completing Delivery
- We have our own fleet of delivery vehicles. In some areas we use other carefully selected carriers.
- Once your order is ready, we will offer you the first available delivery date. In some areas dates are limited to one day a week due to carrier availability. We are unable to agree specific delivery times and dates requested.
- If we are unable to contact you we will leave a message with a selected available date for you, please contact us immediately should this be unsuitable.
- At least 48 hrs prior to the selected delivery date you will receive a phone call or SMS text message to confirm a morning or afternoon delivery. To help in planning, we will call en route prior to delivery.
- A two-person delivery crew will deliver to your room of choice, provided there is ample and safe access.
- Please assist us by clearing pathways and removing fragile items in advance of delivery. Your furniture excluding self assembly will be unpacked, set in position, and assembled with the packaging removed and taken away.
- If requested we can leave packaging after Products have been checked.
- Products must be carefully checked at time of delivery and signed for by an adult.
- Any defect or damage must be reported to Customer Services immediately after delivery.
- Self assembly Products and Furniture marked will not be unpacked on delivery. A signature to acknowledge the delivery has been carried out successfully is all that is required.
- We will provide a comprehensive Information and Care Guide on delivery to help you maintain the quality of your product. Please take time to read and follow this Guide carefully.
For full delivery terms and conditions, please click here.