When you are returning Standard Home Furnishing products or Fashion products, you should return them to us by one of the methods set out below, with proof of purchase (receipt or dispatch notes), unopened, unused and in their original packaging within 28 days of receipt of delivery; unless they are faulty. Gift receipts can be used to make an exchange until 14th January 2018.
Returning Standard Home Furnishings and Take Home products
When you are returning Standard Home Furnishing products, you should return them to us by one of the methods set out below, with proof of purchase (receipt or dispatch notes), unopened, unused and in their original packaging within 28 days of receipt of delivery; unless they are faulty.
- Products can be returned in person to any of our home stores. Upholstery and Furniture cannot be returned direct to our stores. Garment stores will only accept garments and home furnishings stores will only accept home furnishings.
- A full refund can be given within 28 days for full price items that are unused, in their original packaging and are re-saleable. A valid receipt showing the original purchase is required. This applies to goods purchased from UK, ROI, Mail Order and Internet. The last date for return will be printed on the receipt.
- We do not accept items back without a valid receipt.
- We do not accept items back after 28 days, even with a receipt.
- Refunds must use the same method of payment as the original purchase.
- Products can be returned for FREE (please see exceptions below) by using the prepaid label enclosed with your order by post to:
Laura Ashley By Post,
PO Box 19 Newtown,
Post Office returns - Please use prepaid label:
- Small lighting - wall lights, table lamps, shades
- Small HF Items - candles, glasses, ceramics
- Soft Furniture. - Cushions, small rugs, throws, Ready Made Curtains, Bed linen, fabric, Wallpaper
- Small mirrors - e.g. mirrored jewellery box, Elisse triple mirror
- MTM Accessories - tie backs/hold backs, finials
- Gifts and Accessories
- Small Prints
By Courier Collection - £8-£60 collection fee:
In some cases the products might be too large to be returned at the post office and will need to be collected by one of our couriers. (See examples below) Should a courier collection be requested for Post office items, this can be arranged for a cost of £8-£60. If you return products by post, please ensure you package and label them properly so that they are not lost or damaged in transit. We recommend you retain some proof of postage in the event that the products go missing, as products remain your responsibility and property until we receive them.
- Large Lighting- chandeliers etc., large floor lamps
- Curtain Poles
- Large Mirrors
- Large heavy curtains
- Self-assembly furniture: - Rosalind, Brompton
- Large Rugs
- Large Prints
You can return parcels using the Collect+ service by visiting the Collect+ website, printing a label, then taking the labelled parcel to your nearest shop or store that is part of the Collect+ scheme. To find your nearest store please visit: http://www.collectplus.co.uk/contact#nearest-store
Parcels should be no bigger than 60 cm in height, 50 cm in width or depth, and no heavier than 10 Kg in weight.
To use this service simply follow these easy steps:
1. Go to https://www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/lauraashley
2. Fill in the very quick and simple form and click proceed to generate your label.
3. Print off your label and affix it to your parcel.
4. Take the parcel to your nearest Collect+ store.
You will be issued a tracking number on your receipt; please retain this as your proof of return. Please allow 7 days from the date we receive the parcel for us to process your return.
- Permanently reduced items may only be returned with proof of purchase within 28 days of receipt as stated above.
- When returning Standard Home Furnishings or Fashion Products purchased, please return with proof of purchase (a receipt or despatch note) within 28 days, unused and in a saleable condition with the original packaging where possible. We are unable to accept products back without a receipt. Please take reasonable care of the Products while in your possession and when returning the Products, package properly and securely to prevent damage or loss in transit.
- We ask that you obtain proof of posting from the post office. You bear the risk of loss and damage to the Products until we have received them.
- For hygiene reasons, earrings, toiletries, pillows and duvets with opened packaging, cannot be returned or cancelled, unless in accordance with your legal rights e.g. if confirmed as defective by us.
- Self-assembly products must be returned unused and in their original packaging and cannot be returned once assembled or part assembled unless confirmed as defective. A £60 collection charge for UK customers will apply.
- Refunds will only be given through the original payment method, where appropriate.
- Fabric of less than 5 metres cannot be returned or cancelled, unless confirmed as defective by us.
- Products will remain your responsibility until we receive them.
- When we receive the products we will refund you any payment that you have made using your original payment method where appropriate.
Should you have any further queries you can contact our customer service team by clicking here
MTM, MTO Upholstery & Furniture Returns
- Once you have placed your MTM, Upholstery or Furniture order we are unable to change it. Any amendment request will result in the order being cancelled and a new order having to be placed at the current selling price and subject to availability.
- If you need to cancel you MTM, you may only do so up to 48 hours after you have placed your order by contacting Customer Services*, unless in accordance with your statutory rights. Thereafter, we reserve the right to charge you up to 25% of the value of the cancelled product.
- This does not apply to the 10 Working Day MTM Offer, which may not be cancelled or returned unless in accordance with your statutory rights.
- For orders of Upholstery and Furniture placed by Distance Selling channels you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after the day on which you received your goods. All items returned must be in good condition for collection by our nominated carrier, and there will be a non-refundable £60 collection/delivery rearrangement charge.
- Upholstery and Furniture orders placed by Non-Distance Selling channels may be cancelled up to 48 hours after placing your order by contacting Customer Services.
- For self-assembly products, we ask that you exercise reasonable care while examining the products by not assembling where possible, and returned disassembled, and with original packaging.
- For hygiene reasons, mattresses cannot be returned once unwrapped and used, unless in accordance with your statutory rights. For the purposes of inspecting your mattress on delivery you may instruct the delivery crew to re-wrap goods after inspection. You should exercise caution to avoid the remaining packaging causing soiling.
- In exceptional circumstances if a product is replaced before the original is returned, you will be required to return the product either upon delivery of the replacement or within a reasonable time frame thereafter.
When do I get a refund once I have returned an item?
- Once the products you wish to return have been received by us, a refund for the agreed amount will be actioned to the original method of payment.
- Please allow 14 days from return for this process to be completed.
Defective & Damaged Products
- On delivery, it is your responsibility to check and immediately report to Customer Services* any damage or defects to products. We will not accept liability for visible damage not reported within three days of delivery. Defective Products
- If you believe your products to be of an unsatisfactory quality, please contact Customer Services* immediately and treat the products with utmost care while your claim is being investigated.
- Our Customer Services will arrange for your product to be inspected.
- On inspection, if your products are found to be defective, we will at our discretion attempt to restore the product or offer a replacement as soon as reasonably possible.
- Where you have more than one item on your order, we may request for any other items to be returned to obtain a suitable colour match on the replacement product.